About Valor Bare Knuckle
Valor Bare Knuckle (ValorBK) is a well-organized TRUE bare-knuckle boxing professional sport that has been founded by Ken Shamrock and Valor Sports Inc.
Valor Sports Inc is a combat sports centric media-based technology company that creates exciting sports entertainment content in part by securing and promoting bare-knuckle boxing events.
ValorBK is committed to preserving the purity of bare knuckle boxing and passing that immersive visual experience to the audience by showcasing the God-given talents of fighters worldwide through safer, but faster and more exhilarating bare knuckle bouts.
"Valor Bare Knuckle will disrupt bare-knuckle while also enhancing the great sport of boxing by developing a generation of skilled fighters tilted towards action."
- Ken Shamrock
Who Started Valor Bare Knuckle?
Ken Shamrock is one of the most widely recognized combat sports icons in the world. He is a legendary American Mixed Martial Arts Fighter and A Professional Wrestler and is responsible for accelerating some of the most impactful and important companies, brands, and movements in the last two decades of combat sports.
No other fighter possesses the credentials that has rightfully earned him the title of “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”.
Ken Shamrock is best known for his participation in the Ultimate Fighting Championships, Pride Fighting Championships the World Wrestling Federation, Total Nonstop Wrestling Action and Pancrase and now Valor Bare Knuckle.
What Do We Do?
Valor Bare Knuckle hosts live, televised bare-knuckle fights for fight fans worldwide, delivering raw exhilarating entertainment for anyone who likes good ‘ol fashioned stand-up fistfights.
"We have an opportunity to enhance the great sport of Boxing, and compete with MMA as the fastest growing sport in the world."
- Ken Shamrock
How Are We Different?
- Most boxers use gloves to both protect their hands and to assist in blocking punches.
- ValorBK allows only closed firsts. Open hand techniques to block or parry is not permitted.
- No clinching, grabbing, or pushing (aka Dirty Boxing) is allowed.
- The Bout Circle is designed to promote engagement while leaving adequate space for good footwork.
- Fighters must stay inbounds at ALL times or will be penalized.
- MMA gloves are similar to boxing gloves but provide more grip for the hands to clench or assist in takedowns.
- MMA gloves are smaller than boxing gloves but bigger than the bare fist.
- Open hand gloves are designed for MMA and regularly results in dangerous eye pokes.
"Through the introduction of the Bout Circle, novel rule set, safety focus, and talent rewarding platform, Valor Bare Knuckle will capture the energy and loyalty of fight fans world-wide."
- Ken Shamrock
The Bout Circle
With the Bout Circle, the audience gets an unadulterated view of each VBK Athlete as they compete to win each round.
- Wide custom fight surface with no ropes or cages.
- “Bout Circle” is the center and is marked by the white surface; which is a hard surface.
- “Out of Bounds” is marked by a black matted area which is in the shape of an Octagon; which is a softer surface. There is a slant upwards to alert fighters they are out of bounds.
- “Red Circle” which is the “Out of bounds warning” is marked by the red matted area.
- “Outer Ridge” is marked by the black grated outer walking area for the media team to capture content.
ValorBK competitors can feel differences between each surface and referee warnings clearly indicate when fighters transition out of the bout circle.